Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Various AG Place questions...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am hoping to go to AG Place sometime in April, for my birthday, and I have a few questions...

    #1: How is the theatre production? Is it worth seeing? If so, how far in advance do I need to reserve tickets?

    #2: How far in advance should I reserve tickets for the Cafe?

    #3: When do you think it would be least crowded? I'm assuming during school, but if I couldn't go during school time, do you have any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Aimee

  2. #2
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm curious on this also. It's like I feel I need a travelers guide....like Birnbaum's guide to Walt Disney World on the timing and value of different purchases.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bitty baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I make my Cafe reservations for AGP Chicago at least 1 month ahead. I think the Cafe is well worth the money! [img]smile.gif[/img] We always have lunch there but they also offer brunch, tea, and dinner as well. The menu's are on AG's website.

    I have never been to any of the AGP theatre productions because my daughter is not yet 6. Children must be at least 6 to be allowed in.

    It is the least crowded Monday - Thursday in the morning and afternoon. Also you want to check ahead to see if they are having any special events on the day you go. The special events bring big crowds, so check ahead to avoid them.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, if you're going to one of the girls' birthday teas, I would think that you would need to make reservations as far in advance as you can. We've been during the week during the summer and it was nice. The worst was when we went on a weekend during school-I think there was a marathon or something (in Oct). The whole downtown was packed, including AGP. So I guess you should try to see if there's a major attraction in Chicago, not just an event at AGP.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Judy 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The AGP in NY told us to make cafe reservations three months in advance - they are booking that far ahead! We went on a weekend, and found that getting there when it opened (9 a.m., I believe) was best - it was pretty empty then, but got progressively more crowded as the day went on. Do the best you can to figure out the optimal time, and then don't stress about it - it will be fun whenever you go!

    Judy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When we went to AGP-Chicago last fall, we discovered that they only served the lunch and afternoon tea in the cafe Monday-Thursday. We had wanted to do the brunch - it's menu seemed far more interesting to me - but the tea was cute and lots of fun, as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just made reservations for the end of March - they are doing the brunch on Thursday then, maybe its because of spring breaks. I have done both lunch and supper. I personally think lunch is a better deal and a better meal, but that is my opinion (and my kids by the way).

    I make my reservations for the cafe about two months in advance for usually a Thursday during the school year, it is wide open then. The store and cafe are not near as crowded then.

    Summer, however, and weekends are a complete other story. When I went last summer in late June I tried to make reservations about a month and a half in advance and the only thing available at all was the last supper seating. Something to note though if you don't end up with your preferred time for your reservation, you can go up to the cafe right after you get to AGP and put your name on the wait list for the seating you want. I was able to move my late supper reservation up to the earlier time doing this.

    We have never done the show since my youngest isn't old enough, so no advice there.

    Bonnie

  8. #8
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that the theater production is worth seeing. I went to the first one at AGPC, with my mother in law, soon after the AGP opened, and we enjoyed it. It's done by professional actors, both child and adult, and is very broadway-esque. I haven't seen the current show, but I plan to go on the 21st with the midwife that I work for.
    Joy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •